SHOREDITCH DESIGN ROOMS ARE HIRING: Part-time teacher (teacher training provided)
Shoreditch Design Rooms is an upholstery training school and upholstery workshop in Hackney, East London. We teach both leisure upholstery courses and the AMUSF accredited upholstery qualification course. We’ve built a reputation for creating exceptional work, it’s something we pride ourselves on and we aim to pass these skills and a pride in upholstery on to every student that learns with us. We are looking for a part-time teacher to join our team.
Our priority is finding the very best person for the role, someone who is excited to be part of our hardworking team and the wider SDR community. This means a really skilled upholsterer, but if you haven’t taught before, teacher training will be provided.
The candidate should:
- Have a high level of both modern and traditional upholstery skills with proven industry experience over a number of years.
- Have confidence in upholstering all kinds of large armchairs, both traditional and using modern techniques.
- Be a clear communicator and problem solver.
- Have teaching experience (not mandatory).
- Be familiar with the AMUSF upholstery course (not mandatory).
- Be able to advise students on fabrics, design features and materials.
- Have an excellent eye for detail and accuracy for pattern matching, cutting fabrics and sewing.
- Be highly motivated with good time management skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Hours: To be agreed
Location: Hackney (E2), London
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Please contact: email@example.com