At Slow, we’re on a mission to become the greenest sofa manufacturer in the UK; we make high-end, timeless sofas and chairs designed and built to last a generation. We are an ambitious family run business who have been making furniture for the last twenty years. Based in the Yorkshire Dales, we’re on the lookout for a highly motivated individual to join our team as we transition and rebrand our business from Dalesbred to Slow.
We are based in Settle, a market town nestled between the Yorkshire Dales 3 peaks (30 mins drive from Skipton, Kendel, Nelson & Colne, walking distance from Settle station). You will be needed in our workshop five days a week with the rest of our friendly team.
Overview: We’re looking for an experienced upholsterer capable of taking full responsibility for working and overseeing all upholstery output while maintaining our exceptionally high standards expected at Slow. You will play an essential role in managing the upholstery process and ensuring that we meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills will ensure engagement with the wider team, and you have a strong sense of ‘ownership’ and the ability to multitask. Whilst this is a fast-paced environment, this is not a senseless production line; we believe in quality over quantity. You will play a pivotal role in training the next generation of junior upholsters. You will have a can-do attitude who is excited at the prospect of joining a business at a period of growth and looking to become pioneers in sustainably produced furniture. A preference for Yorkshire tea is not essential for the role!
• Upholstering new Slow frames;
• Helping with R&D of sofas and chairs;
• Managing material stock levels;
• Optimising and improving workshop workflow;
• Quality control over all upholstery;
• Training and managing junior upholsterers.
Skills and Experience:-
• Proven upholstery experience over a number of years;
• Experience in traditional and modern upholstery techniques;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Great communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure, quickly and confidently to meet production deadlines;
• Able to work independently or as part of a team;
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude and excellent work ethic;
• Experience training junior upholsters.
● We believe passionately that diverse teams help us make better products. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment and welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds;
● We love to have fun in all that we do;
● We are constantly learning and looking for people that have a desire to learn;
● Sustainability sits at the heart of everything we do.
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you would be suitable for this role to email@example.com. Reference required and visual references of work completed.
Job Type: Full time
Salary: £30 000 – £40 000 dependent on experience
Location: Settle, Yorkshire Dales
Benefits: Relocation package available
Start Date: asap.