We have a fantastic opportunity in our workshop for an experienced sewing machinist, who may be looking to further their skills with on-site modern upholstery training to become a valued member of a successful local business.
The job is based in West Mersea, Colchester, Essex and will be working with luxury yacht exteriors and interiors.
As a Sewing Machinist you will need to be;
- Competent in the use of an industrial sewing machine, including experienced in the use of a variety of sewing techniques.
- Experienced working with and being able to follow patterns and cutting is preferable, but training will be given to the right candidate if needed.
Further to this we would look to improve your skills with;
- Upholstering techniques, including stapling and working with foams and other core materials.
- Traveling to the yachts to template and fit the finished upholstery in place.
Finally the ideal candidate will be;
- Able to listen and follow instructions accurately
- An effective member of a team
- Able to meet production targets and deadlines
- Able to work accurately under pressure
- Responsible for the quality of your work
Able to keep your machine and work area clean and work to in an orderly fashion
Training will be given both on machines and products to ensure you are properly skilled
You must have a good level of literacy and numeracy.
Core hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm with overtime when required
Please only apply if you are genuinely interested in the position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, meets National Living wage. Salary negotiable based on experience
- Machinist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Full driving licence as you will be travelling off site
To apply please contact:
Telephone number 01206 384 300