Students undertaking an AMUSF qualification at an approved training centre are automatically enrolled as ‘Student Members’ from the date of their registration with Head Office to the date of issue of a certificate signifying successful completion of their course. Their training centre will supply them with the appropriate registration form which should be sent to AMUSF within 30 days of commencing the course; a copy of the registration form is available to download below.
Student registration entitles the student to use the Group Fabric Buying Service, the Head Office help line and receive a copy of the Upholsterer and Soft Furnisher Quarterly Journal and the monthly e-newsletter for the duration of their training. They have no voting rights and cannot use the crest or logo in any form.
Non AMUSF Students
Individuals enrolled in other appropriate craft training either as a student or as an employed apprentice/trainee may also apply to be ‘Student Members’ with the same benefits as AMUSF students. This membership category costs £60 per annum (£50 plus 20% VAT) and applicants remain a member for a full twelve months irrespective of the duration of their training. It can be renewed annually whilst training continues. To apply, please use the registration form at the bottom of this page.
A new membership category of ‘Associate Member’ has been introduced primarily for (but not restricted to) students, apprentices or trainees who have recently completed their training. Applications are therefore invited from any person who has:
- Recently completed an AMUSF qualification at an AMUSF Approved Training Centre or
- Students who have recently completed appropriate training at a non AMUSF Approved Training Centre or
- Individuals who have completed training within a company or who have set up in business themselves but are not yet ready for full membership.
For an annual subscription of £60 (£50 plus 20% VAT) Associate Members are entitled to the following benefits:
- A copy of the Quarterly Journal ‘ Upholsterer and Soft Furnisher’
- A copy of the monthly E-Newsletter
- Access to the Group Fabric Buying Scheme enabling purchase of materials at preferential rates.
- Access to the Head Office help line for all queries and questions relating to our craft.
Associate Members have no voting rights and cannot use the crest or logo in any form. It would be envisaged that an Associate Member would not stay in this category for more than three years with the expectation that they will have progressed within that time scale to being ready to apply for full membership.