SHOREDITCH DESIGN ROOMS ARE HIRING a Full-time upholsterer
Shoreditch Design Rooms offers a highly skilled and innovative upholstery service from the SDR studio. Our reputation is built on the finish and quality of the work that we produce and it’s something which we pride ourselves on. We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced upholsterer to join our friendly team on a full-time basis.
We can offer the right person the opportunity to work on a broad range of exciting projects in a supportive team environment where we constantly learn from each other.
The candidate should:
- Have a high level of upholstery skills with proven industry experience over a number of years.
- Be experienced in both modern and traditional techniques.
- Have experience of workshop management.
- Be able to advise clients on fabrics, design features and materials.
- Have an excellent eye for detail, accuracy for pattern matching and cutting fabrics and be highly proficient in sewing and tailoring.
- Confidence in creating accurate cutting plans and costing fabric.
- Experience of estimating on projects.
- Be able to work as part of a team or as an individual to produce high quality bespoke upholstery work.
- Be highly motivated with excellent attention to detail, finishing and time management.
Job Type: Full-time (Monday to Friday)
Hours: 9:00am – 6.00pm
Location: Hackney (E2), London
Salary: Competitive, based on experience