Inspire Upholstery are looking for a Workshop Manager to join our busy team based in Hampshire. We design and create high quality commercial upholstery for hotels, bars and restaurants as well as creating bespoke furniture for residential projects.
As an energetic and dynamic person, you will have good reporting and communication skills, exceptional people management and leadership skills along with excellent planning and organising skills and management skills for a multi-cultural workforce.
You will assist Paul Wright, the Technical Director, to manage the workflow of the team, looking after projects right through the production process to ensure customers receive their furniture on the agreed delivery date, to the correct specification and meeting the highest quality standards.
You will have hands-on experience in cutting and template making and will be responsible alongside the Technical Director and HR Co-ordinator for the motivation and training of the team staff in the upholstery/woodworking/sewing workshops. You will oversee other employees ensuring their understanding of daily duties and their quality of work and have the ability to offer advice and answer any questions relating to their work.
- Sewing, cutting, stapling and template making knowledge
- Framework and polishing
- The ability to introduce good manufacturing practice
- Supervise a team craft workers including Upholsterers & Machinists
- Experience in planning and production scheduling of work orders, delegating, monitoring and controlling the work of the team and ensuring the highest quality control standard is maintained
- Effective communications and attending regular meetings
- Dependant on workloads, it may be necessary to help the installation team on-site
- Maintain workshop equipment (where qualified) and alert management with any issues with faulty equipment and keep management updated on stock levels and production
- Hands-on experience in cutting and template making
- Understand Health and Safety Requirements
- Assisting with Risk Assessments
- Ability to take accurate measurements and work out amounts of materials
- Self-motivation and the ability to work without supervision
- Working accurately to technical design drawings & customer specifications
- Computer skills MS Office
- Understanding technical drawings
- Good analytical skills
- Management of multi-cultural staff.
- Leading and motivating team to perform well.
- Technical eye for detail.
- To improve productivity.
- Reduce lead times.
- Problem solving.
- Managing quality control.
- Handling employee issues.
Job Type: Full Time.
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Salary dependent on experience
Interested? Please contact Paul Wright on 07973 972714 for an informal chat and more information on the role or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org