Inspire Upholstery are looking for an experienced sewing machinist to join our growing production team. The successful candidate will work alongside our upholsterers to develop bespoke furniture and banquette seating.
Experience with working with furniture, leather and walking foot machine would be an advantage. There is the possibility of training if required to adapt existing sewing skills to upholstered furniture.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in using heavy and light sewing machines
- Have experience in working with a range of materials such as vinyl, leather, fabric and nylon
- Work alongside upholsterers to develop patterns for bespoke upholstered furniture
- Be comfortable with project work, taking on a job from start to finish
- Be a team player – communicating well between all departments
- Have a high attention to detail – ensuring quality standards are met
- Understand Health and Safety Requirements – report any issues/dangers/concerns to management
- Be willing to assist in cutting and preparing of items in all departments
- Be highly motivated with good time management skills.
- Be a problem-solver establishing the best method of manufacturing for each job
- Machinist: 3 years
- Unpicking, pattern making, cutting and finishing: 1 year
- Using heavy & light sewing machines: 1 year
- Competence using the following sewing machines: Long arm and overlocking machine advantageous but not essential
Job Type: Full Time.
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Working hours 7:30am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday.
40 hours per week, 21 days holiday excluding bank holidays per year.
Salary dependent on experience.
Interested? Please contact Paul Wright on 07973 972714 for an informal chat and more information on the role or send your CV to email@example.com