Inspire Upholstery are looking for an experienced upholsterer to join our busy production team based in Hampshire. We design and create high quality commercial upholstery for hotels, bars and restaurants as well as creating bespoke furniture for residential projects.
We are looking for an upholsterer with an excellent skill and understanding of upholstery techniques (new and traditional) along with an eye for detail and an understanding of how fabrics and frames work.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in a wide range of modern upholstery techniques including: piping, buttoning, studding
- Have experience in working with a range of materials such as vinyl, leather, fabric and nylon
- Have accuracy for pattern matching and cutting fabrics
- Be comfortable with project work, taking on a job from start to finish
- Be a team player – communicating well between all departments
- Understand Health and Safety Requirements – report any issues/dangers/concerns to management
- Be highly motivated with good time management skills.
- Maintain work space to highest level
- Be a problem-solver establishing the best method of manufacturing for each job
- Produce quick but high-quality upholstery for economic production
- Work accurately to technical drawings and specifications
- Be able to work as part of a team or as an individual to produce high quality bespoke upholstery work
- High degree of upholstery skills with a minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Machinist skills are advantageous but not essential
- Experience in measuring and cutting skills
- Experience of deep buttoning and traditional upholstery techniques
- A flexible attitude would be required to working hours as some of our contract work requires on site working with night work, travel and overnight stays.
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
40 hours per week, 21 days holiday excluding bank holidays per year.
Salary dependent on experience
Working hours 7:30am – 4:00pm Monday – Friday.Job Type: Full Time.
Interested? Please contact Paul Wright on 07973 972714 for an informal chat and more information on the role or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org