AMUSF SOFT FURNISHINGS QUALIFICATIONS
The Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers courses are based on good practical soft furnishing skills. These qualifications may lead to employment within the industry or with additional practice may lead to you starting your own small business.
During this Stage 2 soft furnishings course you will study and/or produce the following:
- Basic Design Skills: sketching, colour co-ordination and scale drawings
- Health and Safety issues relevant to the work place
- Industrial Sewing Machine Technology
- Fabric Recognition and Composition
- Fabric Pattern Matching and Trimmings
- Estimates and Costings
- Curtain Tie-Backs
- Sheer curtains
- Blinds: to include Roman, Austrian, London, Reef
- A window treatment to include, as a minimum, a pair of full-length hand-made interlined curtains with a hand-stitched heading
- A piped boxed cushion incorporating a zip, in striped or checked fabric
- Two decorative scatter cushions – commercially viable
- A simple bed valance gathered or pleated
- A throw over bedspread - commercially viable
- Written Project – on types of suspension systems for various shapes and styles of windows including bays, taking into account inward opening casements, allowing for window fitments and other obstacles
Once you have successfully completed Stage 2 you will have the option to go onto Stage 3.
Good quality training is offered by our own AMUSF Approved Training Centres. To find more details about our individual Approved Training Centres and the courses they offer Click Here.
Association of Master Upholsterers & Soft Furnishers Ltd.
AMUSF Ltd, Wycombe House, 9 Amersham Hill, High Wycombe, Bucks, HP13 6NR
Tel: 01494 452965
Questions? Contact us click here