How will joining the AMUSF benefit me and my company?
Full membership of the AMUSF is open to all practitioners within the crafts of Upholstery and Soft Furnishers who are based either in the UK or The Republic Of Ireland. Membership is held by the company not an individual although it is recognised that many may well be sole traders rather than larger limited companies. It is though beholding on the applicant to demonstrate that the employee(s) within the company are able to produce work to a high standard whilst offering excellent customer service. It is not envisaged that a company where the principal has less than three years post qualification/training experience would be ready for full membership. They can though apply for Associate membership to stay in touch with us as their company grows.
Applications are also welcome from Trade Suppliers within our crafts. Training organisations may also apply to be members if they also produce commercial work but cannot link membership to their training unless they are delivering our qualifications and have become an Approved Training Centre.
Benefits of AMUSF membership
As a member of The Association of Master Upholsterers & Soft Furnishers you will have access to a wide range of services:
- Use of the AMUSF crest on your stationery, signage and vehicles, signifying that your company has been assessed and meets the high standards set by the AMUSF for membership, including quality, expertise, professionalism, and excellence of craft skills.
- Dedicated member page on the AMUSF website directory, allowing you to publicise your business and attract more consumer enquiries.
- Support through fellow members – both in advice on projects and sourcing products and services.
- Access to the AMUSF fabric buying scheme, enabling you to buy fabric at a discount
- Regular trade updates in the monthly e-news letter, plus a copy of our quarterly magazine, “Upholsterer and Soft Furnisher”.
- Access to discounts on specialised company insurance.
- Access to training in Traditional Upholstery & Soft Furnishing via our professional training centres.
- Mediation and Conciliation Service between members and their customers..
- Free access to Legal Advice Helpline for commercial, employment and contractual queries.
- Help and technical support from our experienced Head Office staff, supported by the Board of Directors.
For more information and an information pack, complete our membership enquiry form.
Alternatively, speak to Manjeet or Susan at Head Office by calling 01494 429340 or emailing email@example.com. If they cannot answer your questions, they will find someone who will be able to help you.