Experienced Upholstery Sewing Machinist required for established office seating and soft furnishings re-upholstery company. This is a permanent, full time (part time considered) position, working as part of a small upholstery team based in Tilehurst, Reading Contact David on 0118 9455500 during office hours
Based in Stirling, Scotland, we are looking for a professionally trained and qualified upholsterer, with a wide variety of experience within the industry to teach traditional and modern upholstery techniques to our students.Someone who is able to work to a high standard both in a team environment and independently.The position is currently 2 days per week with the possibly of rising to 3 days.
We would be happy to consider an AMUSF Qualified to Diploma Stage 3 graduate who has gained good sound work experience with a practitioner since qualification.
Being an approved training provider for Upholstery courses accredited by the Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers (AMUSF) the three stage curriculum work is assessed throughout the period of study.
For further information please contact Jackie’s email address <firstname.lastname@example.org>
We are also currently looking to recruit a trainee tutor (Upholstery Technician) to bring on, and again a recently qualified Diploma Stage 3 graduate, who is willing to combine starting work experience along with tutor training, would fit the bill.
We have been established since 1969 and as our business is expanding and position for an Upholster has become available. We require a person that is qualified to deal with both modern and traditional work and be able to deal with button work and sewing. Must be able to work on their own initiative.
Hours: Mon-Thurs 8-4.30 – Friday. 8-3.30
Salary is negotiable on experience
Please send a CV to
Any enquiries please ring the following contact number – 0208 8780 656 and ask for Mr Gary Smith or Mrs Michelle Smith
Henry Moore & co
Kent Adult Education is looking for an Upholstery tutor(s) to deliver short courses in traditional and modern upholstery at our Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge and Dartford centres. Applications are invited from candidates for either one, two or all three centres. If you have a passion for your subject and want to share it with others, being a part time tutor can be a rewarding and interesting experience.
What we need from you
• You need to thrive on the success of others, hold relevant professional qualifications and have expertise in your subject area.
• A commitment to providing excellent learning opportunities for your students.
• Experience of teaching adults is desirable but not essential – we will provide development support for the right people.
What you get in return
• A chance to share your passion for your subject
• Relevant training
• A good hourly rate
• A professional and experienced line manager
• Part time flexible working schedule (as courses are available during the day, evenings and weekends).
For more details of this vacancy please contact Victoria Witkowski at email@example.com or to visit our website to complete an online application form www.kentadulteducation.co.uk/sessional-tutors-required-in-kent.aspx
Jillings Baddeley Ltd has been established since 1969, we are a high class upholstery workshop with a wide and varied customer base.
We manufacture, supply and refurbish all types of contract, office and domestic furniture.
As members of the Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers we pride ourselves on a high level of craftsmanship.
We currently have a vacancy for a fully qualified experienced upholsterer.
Required skills are:-
To be able to carry out all aspects of upholstery work from start to finish of a job.
This includes stripping, cutting, making templates and reupholstering of a wide variety of items as well as upholstering new items.
Sewing skills would be an advantage but are not essential.
Ideally qualified to NVQ level 2 but this is not essential as training would be given.
A flexible attitude would be required to working hours as some of our contract work
requires on site working with night work, travel and overnight stays.
Standard Working Hours are Monday -Thursday 8.00am to 4.30pm and Friday 8.00am to 3.30pm.
Regular overtime is available from 6.00am to 8.00am Monday-Friday. Saturday 6am – 10am.
Salary would depend on experience and hours worked. Pay is weekly.
The Woodworks Project – Bath
We are a charity based in Bath and run furniture and upholstery workshop projects for vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our area. We require a professionally trained and qualified person to teach traditional upholstery skills to our clients and to paying members of the public on our recreational upholstery courses. This is a challenging yet highly rewarding position and we are looking for someone who will help us drive the project forward in a positive, creative and dynamic way.
The successful candidate must have a formal recognised upholstery qualification and a good knowledge of all traditional upholstery skills They must also to be able empathise with our clients and adapt training to people of all abilities.
• Teaching traditional upholstery skills and techniques to the projects clients.
• Teaching upholstery skills to students undertaking the charities paying public upholstery courses.
• Management of workflow through the project and public courses.
• Liaise and advise shop customers commissioning re-upholstery in our workshops.
• Record keeping of client’s work, including job sheets.
• Maintenance and ordering of supplies.
• Maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Supervision of volunteer staff.
• Adherence to and promotion of statutory and charity’s Health and Safety procedures.
• Organise the layout of the upholstery workshop as they see fit.
• To assist the management and trustees of The Woodworks Project to develop the project and public courses in a positive and dynamic way.
• To assist the management of the Woodworks project in promotion, advertising and publicity of paying public upholstery courses through all media.
• The Upholstery tutor may occasionally be required to drive the Charity’s van in connection with the project’s activities.
• To undergo such training as deemed necessary by the management of the Woodworks Project.
• To represent the charity at outside events.
The position is 2 days per week possibly rising to 3 days
Salary in the range of £22,000-£26,000 pro rata depending on experience
For applications and more information please contact Stephen Budd on 01225 313240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the work of our charity please visit www.thewoodworksproject.com
A great opportunity for an upholsterer with an excellent knowledge and experience to work for a small company that specialises in bespoke traditional and modern hand-made soft furnishings and upholstery.
Key Skills Required
• High degree of upholstery skills with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
• Able to work as part of a team or as an individual to produce high quality bespoke upholstery work.
• Excellent eye for detail and accuracy for pattern matching, cutting fabrics and sewing.
• Be highly motivated with good time management skills.
• Working overseas in a range of different countries.
• Opportunity to grow your knowledge and experience in a very high bespoke market.
• Permanent job with the opportunity to contribute to growing the business.
• Opportunity to work overtime during busy periods.
• Valid Passport
• Valid Driving license
Job Type: Full-time (Monday to Friday)
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Location: Ashdon, Saffron Walden, CB10
Salary: to be negotiated
Please contact Sam Dash at email@example.com or 01799 5875073 for further details.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced upholsterer who is passionate about producing high quality pieces using traditional and contemporary upholstery methods.
We are a highly respected, busy, luxury furniture company that has been around since 1948. Along with clients nationwide and abroad, we work closely with many of the top interior designers in London, therefore exceptional quality is required from our upholsterers with attention to detail being extremely important.
We are looking for someone fully trained and with experience who is happy to take responsibility for the pieces they are working on and who likes being part of a small team.
Tasks included in the role are –
- to fully prepare and upholster furniture in accordance with Lawson Wood’s highest quality standards, experience must include deep buttoning and using fabrics, velvets and leather.
- checking, pattern matching and cutting fabrics,
- advise on design features and new methods of working as appropriate
- assist with estimate costings and fabric quantities when necessary.
The right person for the job would
- be able to demonstrate their passion
- be highly motivated
- possess an uncompromising commitment to superior quality
- exhibit excellent time management skills
- be an asset to the team
- ready to face any challenge that might come along including problem solving.
As a small business, we are looking for someone who would fit well within the team as well as producing beautifully upholstered pieces.
The position is full time (39 hours a week) with a competitive salary dependent on experience, following a one week, paid trial. You would need your own tools. The workshop is in Battersea, close to Clapham Junction.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interview and a short practical trial will be required of successful candidates.
FRAME MAKER – no experience necessary but the successful applicant must be willing to work with industrial saws and lift heavy components.
UPHOLSTERER – experienced/semi-experienced.
SEWING MACHINIST – upholstery experience prefered but we would consider someone with experience of using a sewing machine.
We make new upholstery as well as offer a full, re-upholstery service.
Rates of pay are dependent on experience.
Own transport essential due to our location.
Please contact us for further information –
Sofa Studio, Unit J2, Hunts Farm, Rudd Lane, Upper Timsbury, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0NU
Tel: 01794 367898
The City of Oxford College is looking for an Upholstery tutor to deliver short courses in traditional and modern upholstery. The successful applicant will be helped through a CPD qualification if required.
For more details of this vacancy please contact Chris Hyde at email@example.com