Through the course of our work we collect personal information from many people. This policy outlines what information we collect, how it is stored and what it is used for. It is our policy not to use any personal information for any purpose other than which it is intended to conduct our business and provide you with services.
This policy and the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) are designed to protect individual’s information. Business contacts and information are considered to be in the public domain and therefore not covered. The GDPR is in force from May 25th 2018.
- What information will we collect and how will we use it?
- We will collect basic identification information such as your name and contact details. This will be used for: The supply of any services you request. This may include passing details to third party suppliers with whom we have placed a purchase order on your behalf. That supplier will further share those details with third party couriers etc.
- Details required to administer our accounts and billing.
- Electronic delivery of newsletters and any other internally generated information.
- Postal distribution of our magazine or other AMUSF approved printed material.
- With the exception of any external organisations listed below we will not sell or share any personally identifiable information collected by us to any third party.
- Yell – Full members only for marketing services in Yell publications.
- Langton London Insurance Brokers – our Insurance partner.
Both individuals and businesses may opt out of their information being passed to the above organisations by contacting us at email@example.com,uk
- We will retain all given information on the following basis.
- All information required to administer our accounts system, including bank account details, are stored on Sage software which is encrypted and backed up to a cloud drive. All paper accounting information is routinely destroyed after seven years.
- All other contact details and information will be retained indefinitely either on a local hard disc or in paper form stored in locked filing cabinets. Electronic backups are taken to a local drive stored offsite.
- We will hold the information detailed in 2) above so that we maintain archived records of membership, student attainment etc.
- We will not retain any credit or debit card details beyond the period needed to take any payment due to the AMUSF. No written or electronic record will be made of any such payment card.
- We have to abide by the law of the land and if information is legitimately requested by the Government or one of their agencies we will comply with any such request.
- You may at any time review or update any personally identifiable information we hold. In the first instance please make contact at firstname.lastname@example.org We will take any reasonable steps to confirm your identity before any such changes are made.
- This site may at times contain links to other, third party websites; The AMUSF is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
- The AMUSF reserves the right to alter, without notice, this policy if either required to under law or to improve services and benefits to our members. The current policy will always remain available on our website www.upholsterers.co.uk
© Association of Master Upholsterers and Soft Furnishers Ltd. 2018.